Flat Fee Travel Policy
- A flat rate, zone-based travel fee will be assessed for each trip to a client location:
Zone 1 [LTE-ZONE-01] – $400 (waived if less than 50 miles from Brighton, MI)
Zone 2 [LTE-ZONE-02] – $800
Zone 3 [LTE-ZONE-03] – $1,200
Zone 4 [LTE-ZONE-04] – $1,500
Zone 5 [LTE-ZONE-05] – $1,900
Zone 6 [LTE-ZONE-06] – Non-contiguous US Flat Fee will be quoted at the time of booking
International [LTE-INTER-00] – International Flat Fee will be quoted at the time of booking
Flat travel fee is ‘per person / per trip’ using 2019 rates averaged for travel into each zone and includes: Airfare, Hotel, Car Rental, Parking, Tolls, Meals, and Non-Productive Travel Time
- Activities requiring more than (4) days onsite will be billed at actual travel costs (including airfare, hotel, and car rental).
- All travel fees include only domestic travel in the contiguous United States (lower 48 states).
- If multiple sites can be assessed in the same vicinity (typically within 30 miles), then only a single travel fee applies.
- Assumes all travel is booked a minimum of (14) days in advance, any travel booked or secured less than (14) days in advance will incur the zone fee + a surcharge of $500 [LTE-EXPEDITE-00].
- Early Cancellation: If the customer cancels the visit greater than (72) hours prior to the travel date, any non-refundable travel expenses (i.e. airfare, hotel, car rental, and change fees) will be billed.
- Late Cancellation: If the customer cancels the visit less than (72) hours before the travel date, a charge of $1,200 for each assigned engineer plus any non-refundable travel expenses (i.e. airfare, hotel, car rental, and change fees) will be billed.
- If the customer cancels the project after the start date then all work and travel days, up to the date of cancellation, will be billed along with $1,200 per assigned engineer (or negotiated rate on quote) plus any non-refundable travel expenses (i.e. airfare, hotel, car rental, and change fees) will apply.
- A premium of $500 will be added (per person) if Saturday and Sunday travel is required.